|Version||290.53 - BETA|
|Release Date||Wed Dec 21, 2011|
|Operating System||Windows 7 32-bit
Windows Vista 32-bit
|File Size||155.06 MB|
*By clicking the "Agree & Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the License For Customer Use of NVIDIA Software for use of the driver. The driver will begin downloading immediately after clicking on the "Agree & Download" button.
This is the second beta release from the R290 family of drivers. For more information, read the 290.53 driver article on GeForce.com.
This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.
New in 290.53
Optimizations for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Increases performance by up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vs. 290.36 drivers (measured with GeForce GTX 560 at 19x10 Ultra – Indoor Scene). Results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and in-game location.
- Updates the NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to a higher performance profile.
- Added new 3D Vision laser sight /crosshair options to better match Skyrim crosshairs.
- For a full Skyrim tweak guide, visit GeForce.com.
- Adds SLI profiles for Trine 2, WRC 2: FIA World Rally Championship 2011, and Afterfall: InSanity.
- Fixes issues with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 not launching into 3D Vision mode
- Added new 3D Vision laser sight /crosshair options to better match The Elder Scrolls Skyrim crosshairs
- Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:
- AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome – rated Good
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Game – rated Excellent
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations – rating changed to Fair
- Driver San Francisco – updated settings to work better in 3D Vision
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – updated in-game compatibility message
- Hard Reset – updated in-game compatibility message. FXAA x2 and x4 are now supported by the game
- Ignite – rated Good
- Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters – rated Fair
- Jurassic Park: The Game – rated Good
- Orcs Must Die! – rated Good
- PAYDAY The Heist – rated Poor
- PT Boats - Knights of the Sea – rated Good
- PT Boats - South Gambit – rated Good
- Race 07 – updated in-game compatibility message
- Race Room – rated Good
- Serious Sam 3: BFE – rated Poor
- SkyDrift – rated Good
- Star Wars: The Old Republic – rated Good
- Stronghold 3 – rated Good
- Take on Helicopters – rated Fair
- Trine 2 – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Waves – rated Excellent
Key Bug Fixes
- Fixes some random instances of triangular artifacts when playing Battlefield 3 (fix is now enabled for GeForce 400 and 500 series GPUs).
- Fixes a default panel resolution/ timing bug in 290.36.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.