GeForce Release 179 for Notebooks
|Release Date||Wed Feb 11, 2009|
|Operating System||Windows Vista 32-bit
Windows 7 32-bit
|File Size||122.9 MB|
*By clicking the "Agree & Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the License For Customer Use of NVIDIA Software for use of the driver. The driver will begin downloading immediately after clicking on the "Agree & Download" button.
This is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA GeForce notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.Before downloading this driver:
- Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU and is not listed in the exclusion list (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
- It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
- If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, or Dell XPS M1530 it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
- Beta driver for GeForce Go 7-series, GeForce 8M and GeForce 9M series notebook GPUs. Refer to the Products Supported tab for the list of supported GPUs and notebooks. Some notebooks are not supported by this release.
- Supports NVIDIA CUDA technology.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX hardware acceleration on GeForce 8M and 9M GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory (this driver package installs NVIDIA PhysX System Software v9.09.0010).
- Experience CUDA and NVIDIA PhysX in several free applications and demos by downloading the GeForce Plus Pack.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI™ technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL.
- Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, and known compatibility issues.
NVIDIA welcomes feedback on these notebook reference drivers. Click here to provide feedback.Note:
The following notebooks are not supported in this release:
- BenQ Joybook S42 (will be supported in an upcoming release)
- Dell Vostro notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
- Fujitsu notebooks – (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks). Note: Fujitsu Siemens (FSC) notebooks are supported in this release
- Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi 3650 (will be supported in an upcoming release)
- Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
- Sony VAIO notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
- Any notebook that is launched after the release date of this driver
GeForce 9M Series (Notebooks)GeForce 9800M GTX, GeForce 9800M GTS, GeForce 9800M GT, GeForce 9800M GS, GeForce 9700M GTS, GeForce 9700M GT, GeForce 9650M GT, GeForce 9650M GS, GeForce 9600M GT, GeForce 9600M GS, GeForce 9500M GS, GeForce 9500M G, GeForce 9400M G, GeForce 9400M, GeForce 9300M GS, GeForce 9300M G, GeForce 9200M GS, GeForce 9200M GE, GeForce 9100M G
GeForce 8M Series (Notebooks)GeForce 8800M GTX, GeForce 8800M GTS, GeForce 8800M GS, GeForce 8700M GT, GeForce 8600M GT, GeForce 8600M GS, GeForce 8400M GT, GeForce 8400M GS, GeForce 8400M G, GeForce 8200M G
GeForce Go 7 Series (Notebooks)GeForce Go 7950 GTX, GeForce Go 7900 GTX, GeForce Go 7900 GS, GeForce Go 7900 SE, GeForce Go 7800 GTX, GeForce Go 7800, GeForce Go 7700, GeForce Go 7600, GeForce Go 7400, GeForce Go 7300, GeForce Go 7200, GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M, GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M
GeForce Release 179 for Notebooks
Thank you! Your driver download should be completed soon.