|Version||301.24 - BETA|
|Release Date||Mon Apr 09, 2012|
|Operating System||Windows 7 64-bit
Windows Vista 64-bit
|File Size||203.54 MB|
*By clicking the "Agree & Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the License For Customer Use of NVIDIA Software for use of the driver. The driver will begin downloading immediately after clicking on the "Agree & Download" button.
As part of the NVIDIA Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.Before downloading this driver:
- Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
- It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
- If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This is the first unified driver from the R300 family of drivers (versions 300.00 to 301.99).
GeForce R300 drivers are packed with new industry-leading, GeForce-exclusive features as well as some really nice performance increases in top games.
This driver supports the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):
- ION notebook GPUs.
- GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M, 400M, and 500M-series notebook GPUs.
- Quadro 5010M, 5000M, 4000M 3000M, 2000M and 1000M notebook GPUs.
- Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
- Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
- NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
New in R300 Drivers:
- Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400M Series and 500M Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 296.10 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 570/580:
- Up to 23% in Just Cause 2 with SLI
- Up to 21% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Up to 17% in StarCraft II with SLI
- Up to 14% in Far Cry 2 with SLI
- Up to 9% in Bulletstorm
- Up to 7% in Civilization V
- Up to 6% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution with SLI
- Up to 6% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI
- Up to 5% in Metro 2033 with SLI
- Up to 5% in Total War: Shogun 2
GeForce GTX 560/560 Ti:
- Up to 20% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Up to 15% in Just Cause 2 with SLI
- Up to 13% in Far Cry 2 with SLI
- Up to 12% in Bulletstorm
- Up to 11% in Civilization V
- Up to 10% in StarCraft II with SLI
- Up to 9% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 4% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution with SLI
- Up to 4% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI
- Up to 4% in Metro 2033 with SLI
- Up to 4% in Total War: Shogun 2
- NVIDIA FXAA Technology – shader-based anti-aliasing technology available from the NVIDIA Control Panel that enables ultra-fast anti-aliasing in hundreds of PC games. FXAA delivers similar quality to 4x multi-sample antialiasing (MSAA) but is up to 60% faster, enabling substantially higher performance in games. FXAA is supported on all GeForce 8M-series and later GPUs. Note: This feature is disabled for games that already have built-in support for FXAA. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
- NVIDIA Surround Accessory Display : Enable a fourth ‘Accessory Display’ to check emails, browse the web, or access other applications while in-game. This feature is supported on the GeForce GTX 680. On prior generation GPUs, this feature is supported in NVIDIA Surround mode with a third graphics card.
- NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync – dynamically enables vertical sync based on your current frame rates for the smoothest gaming experience. Adaptive VSync is supported on all GeForce 8M-series and later GPUs. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
- NVIDIA Frame Rate Target – dynamically adjusts frame rate to a user specified target. Support for this feature is enabled via third party applications via NVAPI. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
- NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Alan Wake
- Call of Juarez: The Cartel
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
- Left 4 Dead
- Orcs Must Die!
- Portal 2
- Risen 2: Dark Waters
- The Darkness II
- NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:
- All Zombies Must Die! – rated Fair
- Ghosts 'n Goblins Online – rated Good
- Oil Rush – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Postal III – rated Good
- Rayman Origins – rated Good
- SevenCore – rated Fair
- Stacking – rated Good
- Unigine Heaven Benchmark v3.0 – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Wargame: European Escalation – rated Good
- Warp – rated Good
- Wings of Prey – rated Fair
- Krater – rated Poor
- Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0213.
- Installs HD Audio v220.127.116.11.
- Supports OpenGL 4.2
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL.