|Version||304.48 - BETA|
|Release Date||Mon Jun 18, 2012|
|Operating System||Windows 7 64-bit
Windows Vista 64-bit
|File Size||212.76 MB|
*By clicking the "Agree & Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the License For Customer Use of NVIDIA Software for use of the driver. The driver will begin downloading immediately after clicking on the "Agree & Download" button.
As part of the NVIDIA Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.Before downloading this driver:
- Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
- It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
- If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
This is the first beta driver from the R304 family of drivers.
This driver supports the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):
- ION notebook GPUs.
- GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M, 400M, 500M, 600M-series notebook GPUs.
- Quadro 5010M, 5000M, 4000M 3000M, 2000M and 1000M notebook GPUs.
- Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
- Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
- NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).
New in R304 Drivers:
- Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 301.42 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- GeForce GTX 680:
- Up to 18% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 15% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 10% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- Up to 60% in Total War: Shogun 2 (fixes performance issue with latest game patch)
- Up to 14% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 5% in Battlefield 3 with SLI
- Up to 4% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 8% in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings with SLI
- Up to 7% in Lost Planet 2
- Key Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent vsync stuttering issue with GeForce GTX 600-series GPUs.
- Fixes a performance issue in Total War: Shogun 2 with the latest game patch.
- NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Spec Ops: The Line
- PlanetSide 2
- F1 2011 – updated profile
- Final Fantasy XIV – updated profile
- Saints Row: The Third – updated profile
- Torchlight II
- Tribes: Ascend
- NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare – rated Poor
- Borderlands 2 – updated profile with new convergence settings
- Depth Hunter – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
- Mass Effect 3 – updated in-game compatibility message and profile to be more compatible with community 3D mods
- Max Payne 3 – updated rating to Excellent and updated in-game compatibility message to inform users to use DirectX 11, disable MSAA and use SSA0.
- Street Fighter X Tekken – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Tiger Woods PGA 12: The Masters – rated Good
- Tribes: Ascend – rated Fair
- The Walking Dead – rating Good
- Other Profile Updates
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Diablo III
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for L.A. Noire
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Rayman Origins
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support The Secret World
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Disabled FXAA for several Windows programs like Media Player and Movie Maker.
- NVIDIA CUDA
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 Preview or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
- Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0604.
- Installs HD Audio v18.104.22.168.
- Supports OpenGL 4.2
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.