GeForce 306.97, Windows 8 WHQL-Certified Drivers Released
The new NVIDIA GeForce 306.97 WHQL drivers are now available to download. Fully certified for use in Windows 8, which launches October 26th, the GeForce 306.97 drivers feature the same performance optimizations as last month’s 306.23 WHQL release, in addition to a number of new and updated 3D Vision profiles.
The unified GeForce 306.97 WHQL driver also supports Windows 7 and the newly-released GeForce GTX 650 Ti Kepler GPU, detailed at length in our launch article. Of the aforementioned 3D Vision profiles, Doom 3: BFG Edition’s is worthy of particular note, being rated Excellent, meaning 3D Vision users will receive a fantastic stereoscopic experience when playing id Software’s upcoming Doom 3 remix-cum-remake.
The complete list of additions included with the GeForce 306.97 WHQL drivers are as follows:
- Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 650 Ti GPU.
- Updates SLI profile for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier.
- Updates 3D Vision profiles for the following PC games:
- Check vs. Mate - Rated Excellent
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Rated Good
- Doom 3: BFG Edition - Rated Excellent
- English Country Tune - Rated Good
- F1 2012 - Rated Good
- Iron Brigade - Rated Fair
- Jagged Alliance: Crossfire - Rated Good
- Orcs Must Die 2! - Rated Good
- Planetside 2 - Rated Not Recommended
- Prototype 2 - Rated Poor
- Sleeping Dogs - Rated Good
- Spec Ops: The Line - Rated Good
- Tiny Troopers - Rated Fair
- Torchlight 2 - Rated Good
- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Rated Fair
You can download the GeForce 306.97 WHQL drivers with one click from the GeForce.com homepage. If you have any feedback or comments, please drop us a note below or use the NVIDIA Display Driver Feedback Form.