GeForce 331.58 WHQL Drivers Released
The new GeForce 331.58 WHQL driver is now available to download. An essential update for all GeForce GTX users, 331.58 WHQL is the Game Ready driver for Batman: Arkham Origins and Battlefield 4, ensuring your system attains peak performance in the two eagerly-anticipated titles. In addition to upcoming releases, performance has been increased in DiRT Showdown (up to 11%), Metro: Last Light (up to 9%), Sleeping Dogs (up to 8%), and Sniper Elite V2 (up to 13%), too.
331.58 WHQL also includes features, profiles, and changes from recent beta releases, like the major update to our NVIDIA Control Panel (NVCPL) Ambient Occlusion (AO) override feature, first introduced in 331.40 beta. An easy-to-use tool for applying fidelity-enhancing, realistic shading and shadowing to games that do not natively support the feature, the quality of NVCPL AO has been drastically improved with the introduction of HBAO+.
Debuted in Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist, HBAO+ is a new, NVIDIA-developed Ambient Occlusion technique that utilizes the latest technologies to significantly increase the precision, fidelity, and rendering speed of high-quality AO. It will be seen next in Batman: Arkham Origins, this Friday, where it adds considerable detail to the world’s shading. For further details on HBAO+, please visit our HBAO+ technology page, and for more info on Ambient Occlusion itself, please head here.
In this interactive comparison, note how the HBAO+ Ambient Occlusion shadowing is far more accurate, sitting correctly on and around objects in a non-uniform fashion. Also note the fence-like area towards the rear of the image. With HBAO, the technique’s poor sampling quality results in the area being uniformly shadowed.
To implement HBAO+ in a DX9 or DX11 game, simply replicate the following settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Please note that not all games support forced AO; whenever possible we release profile updates that explicitly enable or disable the option in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Enthusiasts can further change AO settings, and experiment with the implementation of user-made profiles through the use of NVIDIA Inspector.
Rounding out 331.58 WHQL is a whole host of profile updates, adding new SLI profiles, updating existing SLI profiles, adding new Ambient Occlusion profiles, and updating other profile elements for optimum game experiences:
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag – Updated Profile
- Batman: Arkham Origins – Updated SLI Profile
- Battlefield 3 – Updated Surround Profile
- Battlefield 4 – Updated Surround Profile, Updated SLI Profile
- Crisis 2015 – Added SLI Profile
- Crysis 3 – Added HBAO+ Profile
- Dirty Bomb (a.k.a. Extraction) – Added DX9 SLI Profile
- Dragon Sword – Updated DX9 Profile
- Dying Light – Added DX11 SLI Profile
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 – Updated SLI Profile
- F1 2013 – Updated SLI Profile
- FIFA 14 – Added SLI Profile, Added HBAO+ Profile, Added 3D Vision Profile (Rated "Good")
- GRID 2 – Updated DX11 Profile
- Natural Selection 2 – Added DX11 SLI Profile
- Outlast – Added DX9 SLI Profile
- Added DX9 SLI Profile, Added 3D Vision Profile (Rated “Excellent”)
- Space Hulk – Updated Profile
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist – Updated SLI Profile
- State of Decay – Added DX9 SLI Profile
- Urban Trial Freestyle - Added 3D Vision Profile (Rated "Good")
- War of the Vikings – Added DX11 SLI Profile
- Watch Dogs – Added DX11 SLI Profile
If you experience any issues with the 331.58 WHQL driver please post a full and detailed report on the GeForce.com Driver Feedback Forum, where our Customer Care team can better assist you.