|Version||296.10 - WHQL|
|Release Date||Tue Mar 13, 2012|
|Operating System||Windows 7 32-bit
Windows Vista 32-bit
|File Size||117.43 MB|
*This download includes the NVIDIA display driver and GeForce Experience application. Details for use of this NVIDIA software can be found in the NVIDIA End User License Agreement.
This is the second WHQL-certified driver from the R295 family of drivers (versions 295.xx to 299.xx).
This driver is a recommended upgrade for all GeForce users, especially those playing the latest hot PC games like Battlefield 3, Blacklight: Retribution, Diablo III, Mass Effect 3, or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and more. These drivers come packed with GeForce-exclusive performance and quality enhancements and are Microsoft WHQL-certified.
New in Release 296.10
- Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 560 SE GPU.
- Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.12.0213.
- Boosts SLI performance in the following games:
- Blacklight: Retribution – up to 1.8x performance increase
- DiRT 3 – updated DX11 profile to improve menu performance
- Dungeon Defenders
- F1 2011 – improves performance with game patch 1.2
- rFactor 2
- Adds 3D Vision support for the following games:
- Dear Esther – Rated Good
- Deep Black: Reloaded – Rated 3D Vision Ready
- Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes documentation for more details.
Highlight Summary for the R295 Family of DriversNew features and performance since R285 WHQL-certified driver
- Game-changing performance boost of up to 45% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, “the fastest selling title in Steam’s history”
- Up to 2x performance Mass Effect 3 with SLI technology.
- GeForce-exclusive quality enhancements with ambient occlusion support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Diablo III, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- New 3D Vision and SLI profiles for over 50 titles.
- New PhysX software for the best experience in top PhysX titles like Alice: Madness Returns and Batman: Arkham City.
- Enables WHQL-certified support for NVIDIA Surround on Intel X79 SLI-certified motherboards.
- Updates HD Audio to version 188.8.131.52.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.