|Version||301.42 - WHQL|
|Release Date||Tue May 22, 2012|
|Operating System||Windows 7 64-bit
Windows Vista 64-bit
|File Size||160.65 MB|
*This download includes the NVIDIA display driver and GeForce Experience application. Details for use of this NVIDIA software can be found in the NVIDIA End User License Agreement.
This is the first WHQL-certified unified driver from the R300 family of drivers (versions 300.00 to 301.99).
GeForce R300 drivers are packed with new industry-leading, GeForce-exclusive features as well as some really nice performance increases in top games.
New in R300 Drivers:
- New GPU Support:
- GeForce GTX 690
- GeForce GTX 680
- GeForce GTX 670
- GeForce GT 600-series GPUs
- Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 296.10 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 570/580:
- Up to 23% in Just Cause 2 with SLI
- Up to 21% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Up to 17% in StarCraft II with SLI
- Up to 14% in Far Cry 2 with SLI
- Up to 9% in Bulletstorm
- Up to 7% in Civilization V
- Up to 6% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution with SLI
- Up to 6% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI
- Up to 5% in Metro 2033 with SLI
- Up to 5% in Total War: Shogun 2
GeForce GTX 560/560 Ti:
- Up to 20% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Up to 15% in Just Cause 2 with SLI
- Up to 13% in Far Cry 2 with SLI
- Up to 12% in Bulletstorm
- Up to 11% in Civilization V
- Up to 10% in StarCraft II with SLI
- Up to 9% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 4% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution with SLI
- Up to 4% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI
- Up to 4% in Metro 2033 with SLI
- Up to 4% in Total War: Shogun 2
- NVIDIA FXAA Technology – shader-based anti-aliasing technology available from the NVIDIA Control Panel that enables ultra-fast anti-aliasing in hundreds of PC games. FXAA delivers similar quality to 4x multi-sample antialiasing (MSAA) but is up to 60% faster, enabling substantially higher performance in games. FXAA is supported on all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs. Note: This feature is disabled for games that already have built-in support for FXAA. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
- NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync – dynamically enables vertical sync based on your current frame rates for the smoothest gaming experience. Adaptive VSync is supported on all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
- NVIDIA Frame Rate Target – dynamically adjusts frame rate to a user specified target. Support for this feature is enabled via third party applications via NVAPI. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
- NVIDIA Surround Technology – Adds the following new Surround capabilities.Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
- Add in a fourth accessory display with GeForce GTX 600-series to get access to your email, web, or other applications while you game.
- Maximize an application to a single physical display when in Surround mode (enabled by default).
- Confine the Windows Taskbar to the center display (enabled by default).
- Enable bezel peeking – a feature which enables users to temporarily peek behind the monitor bezels using a hotkey (Ctrl + Alt + B). This feature is designed to be used in conjunction with bezel corrected resolutions.
- Add or remove resolutions from the list of Surround resolutions (only those selected will be available to applications).
- Full center display acceleration for single wide display modes (center display must be connected to the master GPU).
- NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Alan Wake
- Call of Juarez: The Cartel
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
- Left 4 Dead
- Orcs Must Die!
- Portal 2
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- Risen 2: Dark Waters
- The Darkness II
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Crusader Kings II
- Max Payne 3
- Sniper Elite V2
- Street Fighter X Tekken
- NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:
- All Zombies Must Die! – rated Fair
- Ghosts 'n Goblins Online – rated Good
- Oil Rush – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Postal III – rated Good
- Rayman Origins – rated Good
- SevenCore – rated Fair
- Stacking – rated Good
- Unigine Heaven Benchmark v3.0 – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Wargame: European Escalation – rated Good
- Warp – rated Good
- Wings of Prey – rated Fair
- Krater – rated Poor
- Adam's Venture Episode 1- rated Poor
- Blacklight: Retribution – rated Poor
- The Darkness II – updated in-game recommended settings
- Depth Hunter – updated profile
- Dirt: Showdown – rated Good
- Passion Leads Army Benchmark – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Resident Evil: Operating Raccoon City – Rated Fair
- rFactor 2 – changed rating to 3D Vision Ready
- Trackmania 2: Canyon – rated Fair
- Unigine 3.0 Heaven Benchmark – updated profile
- World of Tanks – changed rating to Excellent.
- Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0213.
- Installs HD Audio v188.8.131.52.
- Supports OpenGL 4.2
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600-series.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.