|Version||304.79 - BETA|
|Release Date||Tue Jul 03, 2012|
|Operating System||Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 8 64-bit
Windows Vista 64-bit
|File Size||168.6 MB|
*By clicking the "Agree & Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the License For Customer Use of NVIDIA Software for use of the driver. The driver will begin downloading immediately after clicking on the "Agree & Download" button.
This is the second beta driver from the R304 family of drivers and the first GeForce driver to combine support for Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista into a single driver.
New in 304.79 Drivers:
- Adds support for NVIDIA TXAA
- NVIDIA TXAA is new film-style anti-aliasing technique designed specifically to reduce temporal aliasing (crawling and flickering in motion) through a combination of hardware AA, custom CG film style AA resolve, and a temporal filter.
- The Secret World is the first game to support TXAA (support will be enabled in an upcoming patch)..
- TXAA is supported on GeForce GTX 600-series Kepler-based GPUs.
- Learn more about TXAA on GeForce.com.
- New SLI Support
Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- The Secret World - added
- End of Nations - added
- Nexuiz (also provided earlier via NVIDIA Update)
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (also provided earlier via NVIDIA Update)
- Tornado Force - added
- Tribes: Ascend - updated
- Key Fixes
- Fixed a compatibility issue with Civilization V and GeForce 400/500 series GPUs
- Fixed instances of flickering or missing mouse cursor when hardware cursor is enabled (reported with Aion, World of Warcraft, Eve Online and others).
- Fixed instances of very low frame rates in Deus Ex: Human Revolution (DX11).
- Fixed an issue that caused a PC reboot instead of a PC shut down.
- Fixed an issue that led to a black screen after driver installation.
- Power management mode settings now persist across driver overinstalls.
New in R304 Drivers (Introduced previously with 304.48 drivers):
- Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 301.42 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- GeForce GTX 680:
- Up to 18% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 15% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 10% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- Up to 60% in Total War: Shogun 2 (fixes performance issue with latest game patch)
- Up to 14% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 5% in Battlefield 3 with SLI
- Up to 4% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 8% in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings with SLI
- Up to 7% in Lost Planet 2
- Key Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent vsync stuttering issue with GeForce GTX 600-series GPUs.
- Fixes an issue where some manufacturer’s factory overclocked cards default to and run at lower clocks.
- Fixes a performance issue in Total War: Shogun 2 with the latest game patch.
- NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Spec Ops: The Line
- PlanetSide 2
- F1 2011 – updated profile
- Final Fantasy XIV – updated profile
- Saints Row: The Third – updated profile
- Torchlight II
- Tribes: Ascend
- NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare – rated Poor
- Borderlands 2 – updated profile with new convergence settings
- Depth Hunter – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
- Mass Effect 3 – updated in-game compatibility message and profile to be more compatible with community 3D mods
- Max Payne 3 – updated rating to Excellent and updated in-game compatibility message to inform users to use DirectX 11, disable MSAA and use SSA0.
- Street Fighter X Tekken – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Tiger Woods PGA 12: The Masters – rated Good
- Tribes: Ascend – rated Fair
- The Walking Dead – rating Good
- Other Profile Updates
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Diablo III
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for L.A. Noire
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Rayman Origins
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Disabled FXAA for several Windows programs like Media Player and Movie Maker.
- NVIDIA Surround
- Surround settings now persisted after new driver overinstall.
- NVIDIA CUDA
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 Preview or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
- Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0604.
- Installs HD Audio v188.8.131.52.
- Supports OpenGL 4.2
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.