|Version||306.97 - WHQL|
|Release Date||Wed Oct 10, 2012|
|Operating System||Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 8 64-bit
Windows Vista 64-bit
|File Size||175.6 MB|
*By clicking the "Agree & Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the License For Customer Use of NVIDIA Software for use of the driver. The driver will begin downloading immediately after clicking on the "Agree & Download" button.
This is the recommended driver for the launch of Windows 8. It is Microsoft WHQL-certified and will also be available for download via Windows Update.
New in GeForce 306.97 Drivers:
- Recommended driver for Windows 8 launch.
- Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 650 Ti GPU.
- Updates SLI profile for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier.
- Updates 3D Vision profiles for the following PC games:
- Check vs. Mate - rated Excellent
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - rated Good
- Doom 3: BFG Edition - rated Excellent
- English Country Tune - rated Good
- F1 2012 - rated Good
- Iron Brigade - rated Fair
- Jagged Alliance: Crossfire - rated Good
- Orcs Must Die 2! - rated Good
- Planetside 2 - rated Not recommended
- Prototype 2 - rated Poor
- Sleeping Dogs - rated Good
- Spec Ops: The Line - rated Good
- Tiny Troopers - rated Fair
- Torchlight 2 - rated Good
- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - rated Fair
New in Previous GeForce R304 Drivers (versions 304.xx to 306.xx):
- GPU Support
- Adds support for NVIDIA TXAA
- NVIDIA TXAA is new film-style anti-aliasing technique designed specifically to reduce temporal aliasing (crawling and flickering in motion) through a combination of hardware AA, custom CG film style AA resolve, and a temporal filter.
- The Secret World is the first game to support TXAA. Read about it on GeForce.com.
- TXAA is supported on GeForce GTX 600-series Kepler-based GPUs.
- Learn more about TXAA on GeForce.com.
- Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 301.42 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 680:
- Up to 18% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 15% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 10% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- Up to 60% in Total War: Shogun 2 (fixes performance issue with latest game patch)
GeForce GTX 560:
- Up to 14% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 5% in Battlefield 3 with SLI
- Up to 4% in Dragon Age II
- Up to 8% in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings with SLI
- Up to 7% in Lost Planet 2
- NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare – added
- Borderlands 2 – added
- Darksiders 2 – added
- End of Nations - added
- F1 2011 – updated
- F1 2012 – added
- Final Fantasy XIV – updated
- Nexuiz - added
- Orcs Must Die! 2 – added
- PlanetSide 2 - updated
- Saints Row: The Third – updated
- Shogun 2: Total War – updated
- Sleeping Dogs – updated from latest beta
- Spec Ops: The Line - added
- The Secret World - updated
- Torchlight II - added
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier - added
- Tornado Force - added
- Tribes: Ascend – updated
- NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare – rated Not Recommended
- A New Dawn – rated Fair
- All Zombies Must Die! Scorepocalypse – rated Good
- ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead – rated Fair
- Bang Bang Racing – rated Excellent
- Borderlands 2 – updated profile with new convergence settings
- Brave – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Devil May Cry 4- rated Fair
- Depth Hunter – updated rating to 3D Vision Ready
- Dishonored – rated Good
- End of Nations – rated Good
- London 2012 The Official Video Game – rated Fair
- Mad Doc Jr.'s Doom Rails – rated Excellent
- Mass Effect 3 – updated in-game compatibility message and profile to be more compatible with community 3D mods
- Max Payne 3 – updated rating to Excellent and updated in-game compatibility message to inform users to use DirectX 11, disable MSAA and use SSA0.
- Raiderz – rated Fair
- Roller Coaster Rampage – rated 3D Vision Ready
- SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator – rated Fair
- Street Fighter X Tekken – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends – rated Good
- Tiger Woods PGA 12: The Masters – rated Good
- Tribes: Ascend – rated Fair
- The Secret World – rated Good
- The Walking Dead – rating Good
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria – rated Excellent
- Other Profile Updates
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Diablo III
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for L.A. Noire
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel antialiasing support for Rayman Origins
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support Counter-strike: Global Offensive
- Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support MechWarrior Online
- Disabled FXAA for several Windows programs like Media Player and Movie Maker.
- NVIDIA Surround
- Surround settings now persisted after new driver overinstall.
- NVIDIA CUDA
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5 Preview or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
- Key Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent vsync stuttering issue with GeForce GTX 600-series GPUs.
- Fixes an issue where some manufacturer’s factory overclocked cards default to and run at lower clocks.
- Fixes a performance issue in Total War: Shogun 2 with the latest game patch.
- Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0604.
- Installs HD Audio v188.8.131.52.
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.