|Release Date||Thu May 02, 2013|
|Operating System||Linux 32-bit|
|File Size||26.09 MB|
*This download includes the NVIDIA display driver and GeForce Experience application. Details for use of this NVIDIA software can be found in the NVIDIA End User License Agreement.
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
GeForce GT 720M
GeForce GT 735M
GeForce GT 740M
GeForce GT 745M
GeForce GT 750M
- Fixed a regression that caused multiple BUG messages to be printed in the kernel log on SMP systems.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the X server to crash when repeatedly enabling and disabling displays.
- Updated nvidia-settings to preserve the relative positioning of displays when changing from a layout where multiple displays are on the same X screen to one where the same displays span multiple X screens.
- Fixed nvidia-settings to dlopen(3) "libvdpau.so.1", rather than "libvdpau.so".
- Added nvidia-persistenced, a daemon utility, to the driver package. nvidia-persistenced can be installed to run on system startup or manually run to allow the NVIDIA kernel module to keep persistent driver state allocated when no other user-space NVIDIA driver components are running.This can improve startup time for other user-space NVIDIA driver components.
- Fixed CVE-2013-0131: NVIDIA UNIX GPU Driver ARGB Cursor Buffer Overflow in "NoScanout" Mode. This buffer overflow, which occurred when an X client installed a large ARGB cursor on an X server running in NoScanout mode, could cause a denial of service (e.g., an X server segmentation fault), or could be exploited to achieve arbitrary code execution.
- For more details, see: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3290
- Added initial support for restoration of efifb consoles on UEFI systems where the primary display is driven over VGA or TMDS (e.g. DVI, HDMI, or LVDS).
- Added support for the xorg.conf Monitor section options "Ignore", "Enable", "Primary", and "Rotate".For example, to rotate a monitor identified by a specific EDID hash, one could add the following to /etc/X11/xorg.conf or a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d:
- Section "Monitor"
Option "Rotate" "left"
- See the README and the xorg.conf(5) man page for more information.
- Added an Underscan feature in the nvidia-settings X Server Display Configuration page which allows the configuration of an underscan border around the ViewPortOut.This feature was formerly known as Overscan Compensation.
- Added support for application profiles to the NVIDIA client-side GLX implementation. See the "Application Profiles" chapter of the README for more information.
- Added support to nvidia-installer for crytographically signing the NVIDIA kernel module. See the "Installing the NVIDIA Driver" chapter of the README for more information.
- Added the "PanningTrackingArea" and "PanningBorder" MetaMode attributes.
- Added support for RandR 1.3 panning.
- Improved performance when the Accel option is disabled.
- Added initial support for RandR 1.4 Provider objects with the Source Output capability, which can be used to render the desktop on an NVIDIA GPU and display it on an output connected to a provider with the Sink Output capability, such as an Intel integrated graphics device or a DisplayLink USB-to-VGA adapter.See the README for details.
- Added nvidia-modprobe, a setuid root utility, to the driver package. nvidia-modprobe can be used by user-space NVIDIA driver components to make sure the NVIDIA kernel module is loaded and that the NVIDIA character device files are present.When possible, it is recommended to use Linux distribution native mechanisms for managing kernel module loading and device file creation. This utility is provided as a fallback to work out-of-the-box in a distribution-independent way.
- Updated the nvidia-settings command line interface to accept display device names, as well as optional target qualifiers, e.g.
- nvidia-settings -q [DVI-I-0]/RefreshRate
nvidia-settings -q [GPU-1.DVI_I-1]/RefreshRate
- Updated the nvidia-settings command line interface to no longer assume the "X screen 0" target, when no target is specified in query and assign operations.Instead, all valid targets of the attribute are processed.
- Fixed a memory leak that occurred when destroying a GLX window but not its associated X window.
- Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-installer to fail to delete directories created as part of a previous installation.
- Updated nvidia-installer to report failures to remove installed files or restore backed up files with a single warning message, instead of a separate message for each individual failure.
- Improved the performance of modesets in cases where the mode timings remained the same, but other parameters of the mode configuration, such as the ViewPort or panning domain, changed.
- Fixed an issue with RENDER convolution filters.The driver will no longer normalize filter kernels before accelerating them.
- Improved debuggability of the NVIDIA OpenGL libraries by including proper stack unwinding information on all supported architectures.
- Updated the dkms.conf file and the makefile for the NVIDIA Linux kernel module to allow DKMS installations on systems with separate source and output directories.
- Fixed a bug that caused RENDER Pictures to be sampled incorrectly when using nearest filtering in some cases.
- Added support for the RandR "Border" and "BorderDimensions" Output properties, which can be used to configure the ViewPortOut of an RandR output.This is functionally equivalent to the "ViewPortOut" MetaMode token.
- Fixed a bug where RRGetCrtcInfo could report incorrect size information when an RandR output has a custom ViewPortIn.
- Further improve performance of some versions of HyperMesh with Quadro GPUs.
- Added a VDPAU page to the nvidia-settings control panel, to display information about the decoding capabilities of VDPAU-capable GPUs.
- Added support for dynamic mode management through RandR, e.g. via the --newmode, --rmmode, and --delmode options in xrandr(1).
- Increased the number of pages that are shareable across multiple processes in the x86 build of libnvidia-glcore.so, by reducing its R_386_PC32 relocation count.
- Fixed a bug that caused XVideo applications to receive BadAlloc errors after VT switches and mode switches that occurred while a composite manager was running.
- Removed the X driver's support for "CursorShadow".
- Updated nvidia-installer to attempt unprelinking files whose checksums do not match the checksums recorded at installation time.
- Switched .run package compression from gzip to xz.This provides a higher level of compression.
GeForce 700M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GT 750M, GeForce GT 745M, GeForce GT 740M, GeForce GT 735M, GeForce GT 730M, GeForce GT 720M, GeForce 710M
GeForce 600 SeriesGeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GT 645, GeForce GT 640, GeForce GT 630, GeForce GT 620, GeForce GT 610, GeForce 605
GeForce 600M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GTX 680MX, GeForce GTX 680M, GeForce GTX 675MX, GeForce GTX 675M, GeForce GTX 670MX, GeForce GTX 670M, GeForce GTX 660M, GeForce GT 650M, GeForce GT 645M, GeForce GT 640M, GeForce GT 640M LE, GeForce GT 635M, GeForce GT 630M, GeForce GT 620M, GeForce 610M
GeForce 500 SeriesGeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 580, GeForce GTX 570, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, GeForce GTX 560 SE, GeForce GTX 560, GeForce GTX 555, GeForce GTX 550 Ti, GeForce GT 545, GeForce GT 530, GeForce GT 520, GeForce 510
GeForce 500M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GTX 580M, GeForce GTX 570M, GeForce GTX 560M, GeForce GT 555M, GeForce GT 550M, GeForce GT 540M, GeForce GT 525M, GeForce GT 520M, GeForce GT 520MX
GeForce 400 SeriesGeForce GTX 480, GeForce GTX 470, GeForce GTX 465, GeForce GTX 460 SE v2, GeForce GTX 460 SE, GeForce GTX 460, GeForce GTS 450, GeForce GT 440, GeForce GT 430, GeForce GT 420, GeForce 405
GeForce 400M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GTX 485M, GeForce GTX 480M, GeForce GTX 470M, GeForce GTX 460M, GeForce GT 445M, GeForce GT 435M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 420M, GeForce GT 415M, GeForce 410M
GeForce 300 SeriesGeForce GT 340, GeForce GT 330, GeForce GT 320, GeForce 315, GeForce 310
GeForce 300M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GTS 360M, GeForce GTS 350M, GeForce GT 335M, GeForce GT 330M, GeForce GT 325M, GeForce GT 320M, GeForce 320M, GeForce 315M, GeForce 310M, GeForce 305M
GeForce 200 SeriesGeForce GTX 295, GeForce GTX 285, GeForce GTX 280, GeForce GTX 275, GeForce GTX 260, GeForce GTS 250, GeForce GTS 240, GeForce GT 230, GeForce GT 240, GeForce GT 220, GeForce G210, GeForce 210, GeForce 205
GeForce 200M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GTX 285M, GeForce GTX 280M, GeForce GTX 260M, GeForce GTS 260M, GeForce GTS 250M, GeForce GT 240M, GeForce GT 230M, GeForce GT 220M, GeForce G210M
GeForce 100 SeriesGeForce GT 140, GeForce GT 130, GeForce GT 120, GeForce G100
GeForce 100M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GTS 160M, GeForce GT 130M, GeForce GT 120M, GeForce G 110M, GeForce G 105M, GeForce G 103M, GeForce G 102M
GeForce 9 SeriesGeForce 9800 GX2, GeForce 9800 GTX/GTX , GeForce 9800 GT, GeForce 9600 GT, GeForce 9600 GSO, GeForce 9600 GSO 512, GeForce 9600 GS, GeForce 9500 GT, GeForce 9500 GS, GeForce 9400 GT, GeForce 9400, GeForce 9300 GS, GeForce 9300 GE, GeForce 9300 SE, GeForce 9300, GeForce 9200, GeForce 9100
GeForce 9M Series (Notebooks)GeForce 9800M GTX, GeForce 9800M GTS, GeForce 9800M GT, GeForce 9800M GS, GeForce 9700M GTS, GeForce 9700M GT, GeForce 9650M GT, GeForce 9650M GS, GeForce 9600M GT, GeForce 9600M GS, GeForce 9500M GS, GeForce 9500M G, GeForce 9400M G, GeForce 9400M, GeForce 9300M GS, GeForce 9300M G, GeForce 9200M GS, GeForce 9100M G
GeForce 8 SeriesGeForce 8800 Ultra, GeForce 8800 GTX, GeForce 8800 GTS 512, GeForce 8800 GTS, GeForce 8800 GT, GeForce 8800 GS, GeForce 8600 GTS, GeForce 8600 GT, GeForce 8600 GS, GeForce 8500 GT, GeForce 8400 GS, GeForce 8400 SE, GeForce 8400, GeForce 8300 GS, GeForce 8300, GeForce 8200, GeForce 8200 /nForce 730a, GeForce 8100 /nForce 720a
GeForce 8M Series (Notebooks)GeForce 8800M GTX, GeForce 8800M GTS, GeForce 8700M GT, GeForce 8600M GT, GeForce 8600M GS, GeForce 8400M GT, GeForce 8400M GS, GeForce 8400M G, GeForce 8200M G, GeForce 8200M
Quadro SeriesQuadro K5000, Quadro K4000, Quadro K2000, Quadro K2000D, Quadro K600, Quadro 6000, Quadro 5000, Quadro 4000, Quadro 2000, Quadro 2000D, Quadro 600, Quadro 410, Quadro 400
Quadro Series (Notebooks)Quadro K5000M, Quadro K4000M, Quadro K3000M, Quadro K2000M, Quadro K1000M, Quadro 5010M, Quadro 5000M, Quadro 4000M, Quadro 3000M, Quadro 2000M, Quadro 1000M
Quadro FX SeriesQuadro CX, Quadro FX 370, Quadro FX 370 Low Profile, Quadro FX 380, Quadro FX 380 Low Profile, Quadro FX 470, Quadro FX 570, Quadro FX 580, Quadro FX 1700, Quadro FX 1800, Quadro FX 2000, Quadro FX 3700, Quadro FX 3800, Quadro FX 4600, Quadro FX 4700 X2, Quadro FX 4800, Quadro FX 5600, Quadro FX 5800
Quadro FX Series (Notebooks)Quadro FX 3800M, Quadro FX 3700M, Quadro FX 3600M, Quadro FX 2800M, Quadro FX 2700M, Quadro FX 1800M, Quadro FX 1700M, Quadro FX 1600M, Quadro FX 880M, Quadro FX 570M, Quadro FX 770M, Quadro FX 380M, Quadro FX 360M
Quadro Blade/Embedded SeriesQuadro 500M, Quadro FX 560M, Quadro FX 370M, Quadro FX 770M, Quadro FX 880M, Quadro FX 1600M, Quadro FX 2800M, Quadro FX 3600M, Quadro NVS 120M
Quadro NVS SeriesQuadro NVS 290, Quadro NVS 295, NVS 510, NVS 310, NVS 300, Quadro NVS 420, Quadro NVS 450
Quadro NVS Series (Notebooks)NVS 5400M, NVS 5200M, NVS 5100M, NVS 4200M, NVS 3100M, NVS 2100M, Quadro NVS 320M, Quadro NVS 160M, Quadro NVS 150M, Quadro NVS 140M, Quadro NVS 135M, Quadro NVS 130M
Quadro Plex SeriesQuadro Plex Model II, Quadro Plex D Series, Quadro Plex Model IV, Quadro Plex 7000
Quadro Sync SeriesQuadro Sync, Quadro G-Sync II
Quadro SDIQuadro SDI
NVS SeriesQuadro NVS 290, Quadro NVS 295, NVS 510, NVS 310, NVS 300, Quadro NVS 420, Quadro NVS 450
NVS Series (Notebooks)NVS 5400M, NVS 5200M, NVS 5100M, NVS 4200M, NVS 3100M, NVS 2100M, Quadro NVS 320M, Quadro NVS 160M, Quadro NVS 150M, Quadro NVS 140M, Quadro NVS 135M, Quadro NVS 130M
K-SeriesTesla K20Xm, Tesla K20m, Tesla K20c, Tesla K10
C-ClassTesla C2075, Tesla C2070, Tesla C2050, Tesla C1060, Tesla C870
M-ClassM2090, M2075, M2070, M2070-Q, M2050, M1060
ION LE (Desktops)ION LE
ION LE (Notebooks)ION LE
Note that many Linux distributions provide their own packages of the NVIDIA Linux Graphics Driver in the distribution's native package management format. This may interact better with the rest of your distribution's framework, and you may want to use this rather than NVIDIA's official package.
Also note that SuSE users should read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.
Installation instructions: Once you have downloaded the driver, change to the directory containing the driver package and install the driver by running, as root, sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-319.17.run
One of the last installation steps will offer to update your X configuration file. Either accept that offer, edit your X configuration file manually so that the NVIDIA X driver will be used, or run nvidia-xconfig
Note that the list of supported GPU products is provided to indicate which GPUs are supported by a particular driver version. Some designs incorporating supported GPUs may not be compatible with the NVIDIA Linux driver: in particular, notebook and all-in-one desktop designs with switchable (hybrid) or Optimus graphics will not work if means to disable the integrated graphics in hardware are not available. Hardware designs will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please consult with a system's manufacturer to determine whether that particular system is compatible.
See the README for more detailed instructions.
For further information please visit our forum, https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/98/linux/ .
Thank you! Your driver download should be completed soon.