|Release Date||Thu Sep 18, 2014|
|Operating System||Linux 64-bit|
|File Size||70.29 MB|
*By clicking the "Agree & Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the License For Customer Use of NVIDIA Software for use of the driver. The driver will begin downloading immediately after clicking on the "Agree & Download" button.
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- Fixed a bug that prevented the "sync to vblank" setting from being honored for EGL applications.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some OpenGL programs to encounter out of memory during a mode switch.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the NVIDIA OpenGL driver from honoring the __GL_SHADER_DISK_CACHE_PATH environment variable.
- Fixed a bug that caused disabled displays to be implicitly included in the target selection for some queries and assignments on the nvidia-settings command line interface, in the absence of any explicit target selection.
- Added a new attribute to the NV-CONTROL API to query the current utilization of the video decode engine.
- Fixed a bug where the Exchange Stereo Eyes setting in nvidia-settings didn't work in certain stereo configurations.
- Worked around a Unigine Heaven 3.0 shader bug which could cause corruption when tessellation is enabled by implementing an application profile that uses the "GLIgnoreGLSLExtReqs" setting. See the documentation for the __GL_IGNORE_GLSL_EXT_REQS environment variable for more details.
- Fixed a memory leak when destroying EGL surfaces.
- Added support for multiple simultaneous EGL displays.
- Removed support for G8x, G9x, and GT2xx GPUs, and motherboard chipsets based on them. Ongoing support for new Linux kernels and X servers, as well as fixes for critical bugs, will be included in 340.* legacy releases through the end of 2019.
- Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-installer to unsuccessfully attempt to delete the directory containing precompiled kernel module interfaces, on packages prepared with --add-this-kernel.
- Updated nvidia-installer to log uninstallation to a separate file from the installation log, and to attempt uninstalling previous driver installations using the installer program from the previous installation, when available.
- GeForce GTX 970
GeForce GTX 980
NVIDIA TITAN SeriesGeForce GTX TITAN, GeForce GTX TITAN Black, GeForce GTX TITAN Z
GeForce 900 SeriesGeForce GTX 980, GeForce GTX 970
GeForce 900M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GTX 980M, GeForce GTX 970M
GeForce 800M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GTX 880M, GeForce GTX 870M, GeForce GTX 860M, GeForce GTX 850M, GeForce 840M, GeForce 830M, GeForce 820M
GeForce 700 SeriesGeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770, GeForce GTX 760, GeForce GTX 760 Ti (OEM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745, GeForce GT 740, GeForce GT 730, GeForce GT 720
GeForce 700M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GTX 780M, GeForce GTX 770M, GeForce GTX 765M, GeForce GTX 760M, GeForce GT 755M, GeForce GT 750M, GeForce GT 745M, GeForce GT 740M, GeForce GT 735M, GeForce GT 730M, GeForce GT 720M, GeForce 710M
GeForce 600 SeriesGeForce GTX 690, GeForce GTX 680, GeForce GTX 670, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST, GeForce GTX 650 Ti, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GTX 645, GeForce GT 645, GeForce GT 640, GeForce GT 630, GeForce GT 620, GeForce GT 610, GeForce 605
GeForce 600M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GTX 680M, GeForce GTX 675MX, GeForce GTX 675M, GeForce GTX 670MX, GeForce GTX 670M, GeForce GTX 660M, GeForce GT 650M, GeForce GT 645M, GeForce GT 640M, GeForce GT 640M LE, GeForce GT 635M, GeForce GT 630M, GeForce GT 625M, GeForce GT 620M, GeForce 610M
GeForce 500 SeriesGeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 580, GeForce GTX 570, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, GeForce GTX 560 SE, GeForce GTX 560, GeForce GTX 555, GeForce GTX 550 Ti, GeForce GT 545, GeForce GT 530, GeForce GT 520, GeForce 510
GeForce 500M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GTX 580M, GeForce GTX 570M, GeForce GTX 560M, GeForce GT 555M, GeForce GT 550M, GeForce GT 540M, GeForce GT 525M, GeForce GT 520M
GeForce 400 SeriesGeForce GTX 480, GeForce GTX 470, GeForce GTX 465, GeForce GTX 460 SE v2, GeForce GTX 460 SE, GeForce GTX 460, GeForce GTS 450, GeForce GT 440, GeForce GT 430, GeForce GT 420
GeForce 400M Series (Notebooks)GeForce GTX 485M, GeForce GTX 480M, GeForce GTX 470M, GeForce GTX 460M, GeForce GT 445M, GeForce GT 435M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 420M, GeForce GT 415M, GeForce 410M
Quadro SeriesQuadro K6000, Quadro K5200, Quadro K5000, Quadro K4000, Quadro K4200, Quadro K2200, Quadro K2000, Quadro K2000D, Quadro K620, Quadro K600, Quadro K420, Quadro 6000, Quadro 5000, Quadro 4000, Quadro 2000, Quadro 2000D, Quadro 600, Quadro 410, Quadro 400
Quadro Series (Notebooks)Quadro K5100M, Quadro K5000M, Quadro K4100M, Quadro K4000M, Quadro K3100M, Quadro K2100M, Quadro K3000M, Quadro K2000M, Quadro K1100M, Quadro K1000M, Quadro K610M, Quadro K510M, Quadro K500M, Quadro 5010M, Quadro 5000M, Quadro 4000M, Quadro 3000M, Quadro 2000M, Quadro 1000M
Quadro NVS SeriesNVS 510, NVS 315, NVS 310
Quadro NVS Series (Notebooks)NVS 5400M, NVS 5200M, NVS 4200M
Quadro Plex SeriesQuadro Plex 7000
Quadro Sync SeriesQuadro Sync, Quadro G-Sync II
Quadro SDIQuadro SDI
GRID SeriesGRID K2, GRID K520, GRID K1, GRID K340, GRID K5100M
NVS SeriesNVS 510, NVS 315, NVS 310
NVS Series (Notebooks)NVS 5400M, NVS 5200M, NVS 4200M
* Resuming from suspend may not be reliable on GeForce GTX 9xx boards in some configurations.
Note that many Linux distributions provide their own packages of the NVIDIA Linux Graphics Driver in the distribution's native package management format. This may interact better with the rest of your distribution's framework, and you may want to use this rather than NVIDIA's official package.
Also note that SuSE users should read the SuSE NVIDIA Installer HOWTO before downloading the driver.
Installation instructions: Once you have downloaded the driver, change to the directory containing the driver package and install the driver by running, as root, sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-343.22.run
One of the last installation steps will offer to update your X configuration file. Either accept that offer, edit your X configuration file manually so that the NVIDIA X driver will be used, or run nvidia-xconfig
Note that the list of supported GPU products is provided to indicate which GPUs are supported by a particular driver version. Some designs incorporating supported GPUs may not be compatible with the NVIDIA Linux driver: in particular, notebook and all-in-one desktop designs with switchable (hybrid) or Optimus graphics will not work if means to disable the integrated graphics in hardware are not available. Hardware designs will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, so please consult with a system's manufacturer to determine whether that particular system is compatible.
See the README for more detailed instructions.
For further information please visit our forum, https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/98/linux/ .