Experience what it feels like to climb Mount Everest in a series of first person challenges as you strive to reach Everest summit. Incomparable visual fidelity combine with player agency in a VR journey that feels both real and emotionally stunning.
Step into a first-person, photo-realistic experience like no other, as you join an expedition to reach the summit of Mount Everest. Developed by VR studio Sólfar in partnership with RVX – the Nordics’ leading visual effects and animation house – EVEREST VR is designed from the ground up for virtual reality.
- Experience Everest in 5 iconic scenes. Prepare for your expedition at Basecamp, traverse the terrifying Khumbu Icefalls, overnight at Camp 4, ascend the perilous Hillary Step, and finally conquer the summit of Everest.
- After completing your first summit attempt, unlock God Mode to reach a unique vantage point of the Himalayas only possible in VR. Towering over the mountain range, this is a stunning VR diorama.
- EVEREST VR is a powerful first introduction to VR, designed not as a conventional game but as an accessible experience that focuses on the strengths of VR to transport you to an impossible real world location.
- Powered by Unreal Engine, EVEREST VR pushes the envelope of real-time graphics to deliver AAA visual fidelity that is unparalleled in virtual reality applications.
- NVIDIA GeForce GPU users are in for a special experience. Using NVIDIA Multi-Res Shading to deliver maximum performance without sacrificing visual quality, and increased immersion with real-time snow simulations enabled by NVIDIA Turbulence, EVEREST VR is the apex experience for NVIDIA VR Ready systems.
- Optimized for the HTC Vive, your environment scales from a uniquely satisfying and comfortable standing experience to one that takes full advantage of room-scale Play Areas.