StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
The Calm Before the Swarm Competition
Come Celebrate with NVIDIA and Blizzard
The rush begins 03.12.13! This is your chance to join forces with NVIDIA and Blizzard to prepare for the onslaught.
One lucky winner will receive an all-expense paid trip for them and a friend to attend the official StarCraft® II: Heart of the Swarm™ Blizzard Launch event in Versailles, France. In addition to being on the front lines at the dawn of battle, the winner and friend will each get a free collector's edition of the game, a GeForce® GTX 670 graphics card and dinner with NVIDIA before the event.
Two lucky runner-up winners will receive Heart of the Swarm themed hardware prize packs sponsored by EVGA® and Razer® loaded with a GeForce® GTX 670 and great peripherals. One runner-up winner will be drawn each Friday.
You can enter each day to boost your chances, so make sure to check back daily.
Contest Starts: February 20th, 2013
Contest Ends: March 4th, 2013
Heart of the Swarm Prize Pack Winners Drawn: February 22nd and March 1st, 2013
NVIDIA Grand Prize
- An all-expense paid trip to attend the official Heart of the Swarm Blizzard launch event
- A Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Collector's Edition
- Get your Collector's Edition signed by the entire Heart of the Swarm Dev Team
- An EVGA GeForce® GTX 670 Graphics Card
- Dinner with NVIDIA before the event
Congratulations to Darci M for winning the NVIDIA Grand Prize. We hope you enjoy your adventure
at the StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm launch event!
Weekly Runner-Up Prize Pack
- An EVGA GeForce GTX 670 Graphics Card
- Razer Banshee Headset
- Razer Marauder Keyboard
- Razer Spectre Mouse
Congratulations to Paul C and Richard D for winning the runner-up prizes.
Thank you for your interest. The competition is now closed.
Blizzard Legal Copy:
Heart of the Swarm is a trademark, and StarCraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks and or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
Win a trip to the Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Launch Event Sweepstakes
NVIDIA Corporation invites you to participate in the Win a trip to Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Launch Event Competition (hereinafter “Contest”). The winners of this Contest will receive exciting prizes courtesy of NVIDIA, subject to the following Official Rules.
By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND ITS OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), THE UNITED KINGDOM, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, GERMANY, THE NETHERLANDS, SWEDEN, NORWAY, DENMARK AND FINLAND.
This Contest is sponsored by NVIDIA Corporation, with an address at 2701 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050, U.S.A. (hereinafter “NVIDIA” or “Sponsor”).
You must be a legal resident of the United States of America (excluding Puerto Rico and its other territories and possessions), Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Germany, The Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Denmark or Finland and you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to be eligible to participate in this Contest. This Contest is open to individuals only. No team entries and no corporate or institutional entries are permitted in this Contest. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective contractors, service providers and professional advisors connected with this Contest, as well as members of their immediate families and/or households, are NOT eligible to enter.
3. The Challenge
To enter this promotion, you must either (a) Fill out the contest form on the contest application on the GeForce.com contest Page or b) send a postcard with your name, physical address and email address to NVIDIA Corporation, Attn: Kris Rey, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Launch Event Contest, 2701 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050. All entries, whether online or by mail, must be received no later than 5:01 PM on March 1st, 2013, Pacific Daylight Time. Those who enter the promotion by mailing a postcard (i.e., not completing the survey) will have an equal chance of winning as those who complete the online contest form. One (1) winner will be selected randomly via a random number generator. The winner will receive two (2) passes to the launch event at the Irvine Spectrum (2) round-trip, and coach class airfares from the nearest International Airport to the winners home to the event and back. NVIDIA will make and pay for these arrangements. In addition, the winner will receive two (2) night room and tax accommodations for one room at the event hotel and five-hundred dollars ($500) in spending money.
4. Prizes, Odds of Winning
The prizes of this Contest are as follows:
One (1) winner will be selected randomly via a random number generator. Each winner will receive two (2) admission tickets to the launch event, two (2) round-trip coach class airfares from the nearest International Airport to the winners home to the event and back. NVIDIA will make and pay for these arrangements. Two (2) night room and tax accommodations for one room at the event hotel and five-hundred (500) dollars in spending money. The prize package has an ARV of $3000 USD.
Two (2) runners up will receive a Heart of the Swarm prize pack courtesy of EVGA and Razer. Each prize pack will consist of the following. One (1) Razer Banshee Heaset, one (1) Razer Marauder Keyboard, One (1) Razer Spectre Mouse and One (1) EVGA GeForce GTX 670. Each runner up prize package has an ARV of $717 USD..
Odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received. The prizes are not assignable or transferable. Brand and model of prizes are subject to change by NVIDIA at any time for any reason and substitutions will be of equal or greater value. Distribution of prizes amongst any participants or collaborators of the winning videos will be the sole responsibility of the winners. NVIDIA is not responsible or liable for the distribution of any prizes once they are shipped to the winner. THIS CONTEST HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN OFFERED.
5. Entry Period
The entry period for this Contest begins at 8:01 a.m. PST (Pacific Daylight Saving Time) on February 20th, 2013 and ends at 5:01 p.m. PST (Pacific Daylight Saving Time) on March 4th, 2013 (hereinafter the “Entry Period”). “Pacific Daylight Saving Time” refers to that observed in the United States of America. It is entirely each entrant’s responsibility to observe time zone differences.
6. Winner Announcement, Claiming and Awarding of Prize
The winner of this Contest will be announced on the NVIDIA Facebook on or about March 5th, 2013. Within 24 hours days following such announcement, the winner will be notified by NVIDIA via email based on the address provided in the contestant’s submission. To claim the prize, the winner must do the following within 24 hours from the date of NVIDIA’s notification:
- confirm receipt of the notice by email (which confirmation must be sent from the same email address to which the notice was sent); and
- complete, sign and return a winner release form (as provided by NVIDIA along with its email notice) and such other requisite documentation (if any) listed in NVIDIA’s email notice (hereinafter collectively the “Required Winner Documents”), to NVIDIA Corporation, Attn.: Win a trip to the Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Launch Event Contest, 2701 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050, U.S.A.
Within 14 days following its receipt of the Required Winner Documents from the winner, NVIDIA will ship the prize via FedEx or similar courier service, at NVIDIA’s expense, to the winner’s mailing address specified in his/her winning entry. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if NVIDIA determines that the Required Winner Documents as returned by the winner are incomplete, erroneous, or otherwise not in order, NVIDIA may require the winner to provide complete or replacement documentation prior to shipment of prize.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ENTRANTS: If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to claim the prize or to return the Required Winner Documents within the specified time period, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner fails to comply with any of the provisions of these Official Rules, such winner will be considered to have forfeited the prize. In such case, the prize will be awarded to the individual who is randomly selected in the same manner as Winner as determined by NVIDIA.
The winner of this Contest is solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and government charges that result from his/her receipt and/or use of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
8. Representations, Warranties and Indemnity by Entrant
- By entering this Contest, each entrant represents and warrants, with respect to each entry submitted by him/her in this Contest, that: (i) the entry submitted is the result of his/her own independent creation and does not contain any third-party works of authorship that have been used or copied without authorization or permission of their respective authors; (ii) his/her participation in this Contest does not violate any applicable laws or regulations or any rights of third parties.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective employees, agents, representatives, contractors, service providers and professional advisors connected with this Contest (hereinafter collectively “Sponsor Related Parties”) from and against any third-party claims arising from or as a result of (i) a breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties by such entrant, or (ii) a breach or violation of any of the other provisions of these Official Rules by such entrant.
- ANY ENTRY THAT IS IN BREACH OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OR IS OTHERWISE IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WILL BE DEEMED VOID AND AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THIS CONTEST.
9. ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS by Entrant
- By entering this Contest, each entrant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grants to Sponsor, on a royalty-free and non-exclusive basis, a perpetual, irrevocable, freely transferable, freely assignable, freely sublicensable, worldwide license to run, use, copy, reproduce, publish, distribute, perform, display, exhibit, demonstrate, edit, modify, adapt, and create derivative works from, each of his/her entries in this Contest, whether for purposes related to this Contest or otherwise, and whether via the Internet, electronic, digital, broadcast, theatrical, print, or any other communications media now known or hereafter developed, and in each case free of any and all restrictions and limitations whatsoever (except as imposed by law).
- By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor and Sponsor Related Parties shall not be responsible or liable for: (i) any late, lost, stolen, forged, mutilated, corrupted, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries; (ii) any errors, omissions, misinformation, or misidentification in an entry; (iii) any dispute or claim arising from an entrant’s participation in this Contest or his/her entry, or his/her receipt, ownership or use of the prize; (iv) any computer hardware, software, Internet, network, cable, phone, or other communication or technical errors, failures, malfunctions, interruptions, or delays; or (v) any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer hardware, software or data that results from participation in this Contest or accessing, downloading or using any tools, files, data, software, or other articles or materials in connection with this Contest.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees and consents to Sponsor’s collection, use and retention of his/her personal information for all purposes related to this Contest (including, without limitation, processing and administering entries, sharing an entrant’s personal information with Sponsor Related Parties as necessary to conduct and operate this Contest, communicating with and awarding the prize to the winner, making public announcements about the winner, and advertising, promoting and publicizing this Contest).
10. Reservation of Rights by SPONSOR
Sponsor reserves the right, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by applicable law, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to take down and remove any entry that becomes subject to a third-party claim for copyright infringement or for violation of any other right.
11. Governing Law; Jurisdiction
These Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A., without giving effect to its conflicts of law rules. Each entrant hereby submits himself or herself to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Santa Clara, California, U.S.A.
12. Contest Information
You may request a copy of these Official Rules via email to email@example.com. To learn the actual number of entries received and the winner selected in this Contest, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org after March 4th, 2013.