Gamescom is #GameReady Terms & Conditions
Win Exciting Prizes from NVIDIA. In connection with Gamescom is #GameReady (the “promotion”), NVIDIA Corporation ("NVIDIA") is conducting a giveaway, subject to the Sweepstakes Official Rules set forth below.
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND ITS OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), THE UNITED KINGDOM, GERMANY, THE NETHERLANDS, SWITZERLAND, AUSTRIA, NORWAY, FINLAND, AUSTRALIA, MAINLAND CHINA (EXCLUDING HONG KONG AND MACAU), TAIWAN, JAPAN, AND INDIA (EXCLUDING THE STATE OF TAMIL NADU).
1. You must be a legal resident of the OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND ITS OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), THE UNITED KINGDOM, GERMANY, THE NETHERLANDS, SWITZERLAND, AUSTRIA, NORWAY, FINLAND, REPUBLIC AUSTRALIA, MAINLAND CHINA (EXCLUDING: HONG KONG AND MACAU), TAIWAN, JAPAN, or INDIA (EXCLUDING THE STATE OF TAMIL NADU) and you must be eighteen (18) or older to be eligible to participate.
2. The prize of this promotion consists of the following: Thirty (30) prize winners will each win (an) NVIDIA TITAN X GPU; Five hundred (500) prize winners will each win a game code worth up to $60; Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winner of each prize may not substitute the prize for its cash equivalent. NVIDIA reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with any article or service of similar or greater value at its sole discretion. Prize may not be assigned or transferred.
3. To enter this promotion, you must (a) Tweet or post to Instagram mentioning a game at Gamescom, @NVIDIA, and #GameReady.(b) Subscribe to the NVIDIA Gaming Network (NGN) and comment on a Gamescom-related video; or (c) send a postcard via postal mail with the date, your name, physical address and email address to Attn: Eric Galaviz 2701 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050. Each entrant will be allowed one (1) direct entry per day. All entries, whether online or by mail, must be received no later than between 9:00 AM on 8/17/16, Pacific Daylight Time and 5:00 PM on 8/23/16, Pacific Daylight Time. Those who enter the promotion by mailing a postcard (i.e., not completing the survey) will have an equal chance of winning as those who complete the survey online or through the mail.
4. The winners will be randomly drawn by a representative of NVIDIA, whose decision will be final and binding in all respects, from all online and mailed in entries in a random drawing to be held each week for the duration of the sweepstakes. EACH PERSON SELECTED WILL BE REQUIRED TO CORRECTLY ANSWER A MATHEMATICAL QUESTION INVOLVING AT LEAST FOUR OPERATIONS THAT INVOLVE AT LEAST TWO DIGIT NUMBERS. The winners will be notified by an email sent to the address provided upon entry within twenty four (24) hours after the drawing. Each winner must respond to the notification email within twenty four (24) hours from the time the notification email is sent, or prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner.
5. Each winner may be required to sign a declaration/affidavit and release prior to receiving the prize.
7. NVIDIA makes no warranty or representation as to any of the prizes and is not liable if you experience technical difficulties, due to reasons not attributable to NVIDIA, including but not limited to manufacture defects, model incompatibility, and restrictions imposed by the manufacturer.
8. NVIDIA reserves the right to terminate this promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond NVIDIA's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the promotion as determined by NVIDIA in its sole discretion. Online entries made with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or through the use of any other device or artifice to enter multiple times will be deemed invalid. If the winner is an online entrant, the winning online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry was made. The authorized email account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. NVIDIA shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes, or for late, lost, stolen, postage due, illegible or misdirected entries. If this sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry in the sweepstakes, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in NVIDIA’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of this contest, NVIDIA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this sweepstakes or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, NVIDIA reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Federal, state and local taxes relating to all prizes are the sole responsibility of each winner.
10. The sponsor of this promotion is NVIDIA Corporation. The number of entries and winners will be posted on at GeForce.com/contestwinners, after 9/30/16.
11. These rules are governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, United States of America, without giving effect to conflicts of law rules. Entrants submit themselves to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Santa Clara, CA.
12. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, YouTube, or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to NVIDIA and not to Twitter, YouTube or Instagram.
NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies. Visit NVIDIA online at: http://www.nvidia.com.
‘Gamescom is #GameReady VR Laptop CONTEST - Official Rules
By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, UNITED KINGDOM, GERMANY, FRANCE, THE NETHERLANDS, SWITZERLAND, AUSTRIA, SWEDEN, NORWAY, FINLAND, DENMARK, POLAND, CZECH REPUBLIC, TURKEY, INDIA (EXCLUDING THE STATE OF TAMIL NADU), UKRAINE, HUNGARY, NEW ZEALAND, SERBIA, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, BELGIUM, SPAIN, MAINLAND CHINA (EXCLUDING HONG KONG and MACAU), TAIWAN, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, MEXICO, SINGAPORE, ARGENTINA, CHILE, PHILIPPINES, COLUMBIA, and PERU.
This Contest is sponsored by NVIDIA Corporation, with an address at 2701 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050, U.S.A. (hereinafter “NVIDIA” or “Sponsor”).
You must be a resident of either the United Stated of America United Kingdom, Germany, France, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Poland, Czech Republic, Turkey, India (excluding the State of Tamil Nadu), Ukraine, Hungary, New Zealand, Serbia, Australia, Canada, Belgium, Spain, Mainland China (Excluding Hong Kong and Macau), Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Singapore, Argentina, Chile, Philippines, Columbia, and Peru, and eighteen (18) years of age or older to be eligible to participate in this Contest. This Contest is open to individuals only. No team entries and no corporate or institutional entries are permitted in this Contest. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective contractors, service providers and professional advisors connected with this Contest, as well as members of their immediate families and/or households, are NOT eligible to enter.
2. The Challenge
This Contest involves the following challenge: Entrant must post to Twitter or Instagram, mention a game at Gamescom, tag @NVIDIA, and use #GameReady.
There will be one (10) grand prizes awarded following the closure of the contest. Grand prize consists of one GeForce GTX 10 Series laptop and an HTC Vive.
The winners of the prize will be announced on the //www.geforce.com/contestwinners on or around 30 September 2016. NVIDIA judges will have the sole authority and discretion to select all the winners, and all decisions of NVIDIA judges will be FINAL. By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by the decisions NVIDIA judges.
3. Prizes; Odds of Winning
The prizes of this Contest are as follows:
• Ten (10) grand prize winner will get one (1) GeForce GTX 10 Series Laptop and HTC Vive
The prizes are not assignable or transferable. Brand and model of prizes are subject to change by NVIDIA at any time for any reason and substitutions will be of equal or greater value. NVIDIA is not responsible or liable for the distribution of any prizes once they are shipped to the winner. The prizes offered, and the entrants that are successful, are not distinguishable by country and do not hold any bias and are equally attainable for all participating countries and their entrants. THIS CONTEST HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN OFFERED. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. Entry Period
The entry period for this Contest begins at 9am PST (Pacific Standard Time) on August 17th, 2016 and ends at 6pm PST (Pacific Standard Time) on August 23rd, 2016 (hereinafter the “Entry Period”). Following the entry period, an NVIDIA judge will select and announce the winners of the contest on or around September 30th, 2016.
5. Winner Announcement; Claiming and Awarding of Prize
The winners of the prize bundle will be announced on the NVIDIA GeForce social pages on or about September 30th, 2016. Within 7 days following such announcement, the winners will be notified by NVIDIA via email, Twitter, or Instagram direct message. To claim the prize, the winner must do the following within 30 days from the date of NVIDIA’s notification:
a. confirm receipt of the notice by email/direct message (which confirmation must be sent from the same email address/account to which the notice was sent); and
b. complete, sign and return a winner release form (as provided by NVIDIA along with its email notice) and such other requisite documentation (if any) listed in NVIDIA’s email notice
Within 90 days following its receipt of the Required Winner Documents from the winner, NVIDIA will ship the prize via FedEx or similar courier service, at NVIDIA’s expense, to the winner’s mailing address specified in his/her winning entry. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if NVIDIA determines that the Required Winner Documents as returned by the winner are incomplete, erroneous, or otherwise not in order, NVIDIA may require the winner to provide complete or replacement documentation prior to shipment of prize. Digital prizes will be electronically emailed to the email address supplied as part of their contest submission.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ENTRANTS: If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to claim the prize or to return the Required Winner Documents within the specified time period, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner fails to comply with any of the provisions of these Official Rules, such winner will be considered to have forfeited the prize. In such case, the prize will be awarded to the individual who submitted the next best entry as previously determined by NVIDIA.
The winner of this Contest is solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and government charges that result from his/her receipt and/or use of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
7. Representations, Warranties and Indemnity by Entrant
a. ANY ENTRY THAT IS IN BREACH OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OR IS OTHERWISE IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WILL BE DEEMED VOID AND AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THIS CONTEST.
8. ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS by Entrant
a. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor and Sponsor Related Parties shall not be responsible or liable for: (i) any late, lost, stolen, forged, mutilated, corrupted, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries; (ii) any errors, omissions, misinformation, or misidentification in an entry; (iii) any dispute or claim arising from an entrant’s participation in this Contest or his/her entry, or his/her receipt, ownership or use of the prize; (iv) any computer hardware, software, Internet, network, cable, phone, or other communication or technical errors, failures, malfunctions, interruptions, or delays; or (v) any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer hardware, software or data that results from participation in this Contest or accessing, downloading or using any tools, files, data, software, or other articles or materials in connection with this Contest.
b. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees and consents to Sponsor’s collection, use and retention of his/her personal information for all purposes related to this Contest (including, without limitation, processing and administering entries, sharing an entrant’s personal information with Sponsor Related Parties as necessary to conduct and operate this Contest, communicating with and awarding the prize to the winner, making public announcements about the winner, and advertising, promoting and publicizing this Contest).
c. ANY ENTRY THAT IS IN BREACH OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OR IS OTHERWISE IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WILL BE DEEMED VOID AND AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THIS CONTEST.
9. Reservation of Rights by SPONSOR
Sponsor reserves the right, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by applicable law, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to take down and remove any entry that becomes subject to a third-party claim for copyright infringement or for violation of any other right.
10. Governing Law; Jurisdiction
These Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A., without giving effect to its conflicts of law rules. Each entrant hereby submits himself or herself to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Santa Clara, California, U.S.A.
11. Contest Information
You may request a copy of these Official Rules via email to email@example.com. To learn the actual number of entries received and the winners selected in this Contest, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org after September 30th, 2016.