USS Hornet Museum
See the layout of the aircraft carrier
LAN Camp: Live Aboard the USS Hornet
The USS Hornet has made 400 bunks available for liveaboards during the 48-hour period of GeForce LAN. This option is available to BYOC and BYOC L33T ticket holders only at an added cost of $50.00, and must be purchased when buying your BYOC pass online. While this is a rare opportunity to live aboard a national treasure, we must caution that the facilities are simple and cramped. Due to shortage of lockers available, we recommend you leave valuables at home. For more details, visit the GeForce LAN FAQ.
We recommend you visit the TravelAdvisor pages for hotel recommendations in Alameda, which has reviews, photos, and pricing. There are a variety of hotels near the USS Hornet, ranging from budget to deluxe class, including
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham – 1628 Webster Street, Alameda, CA 94501
- Marina Village Inn – 1151 Pacific Marina, Alameda, CA 94501
- Rodeway Inn – 1925 Webster Street, Alameda, CA 94501
- Waterfront Plaza Jack London Square – 10 Washington Street, Oakland, CA 94607
- The Inn at Jack London Square – 233 Broadway, Oakland< CA 94607
Please visit the USS Hornet website here for detailed, printable directions, including detour routes in case of tube closures. Complimentary parking is across the street from the pier, limited to 800 spaces. We encourage you to carpool – it’s good to save dough and do something nice for the environment while you’re at it.
The USS Hornet can be reached by the following airports: