Killing Floor Does Christmas
by Jimmy Thang
Developer Tripwire Interactive is getting festive with Killing Floor and has created a Christmas-themed update for their zombie-killing first-person shooter. This limited-time event will take place starting today and will run until January 4, 2011.
This event will offer Christmas-inspired environments/monsters (including a robotic Santa, Jack Frost, eight-legged reindeers, and more). In addition, owners of both Killing Floor and Team Fortress 2 will be able to play as TF2’s Pyro class in the game. For those unfamiliar with the weapons of the masked icon, the Pyro wields a shotgun, fire axe, and flame thrower. The update will also include a new DLC character pack called “London’s Finest.”
Specifically, the update will include:
- All new level – Santa’s Evil Lair.
- All the creatures in game replaced with Twisted Christmas versions, including the Gingerfast and the Nutpound, for the duration of the Event.
- 13 new Christmas achievements – get enough before the end of the Event and unlock the “Baddest Santa” playable character to own permanently.
- Mr. Foster’s trademark gas mask and business tie as an item for the Pyro in Team Fortress 2 for anyone that owns or purchases Killing Floor before the end of the event
- Red or blue Pyro from Team Fortress 2 as a playable character in KF, available to anyone that owns both Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor, regardless of when you buy the games.
- All new difficulty level beyond Suicidal – Hell on Earth.
- More than double the achievement count with over 130 total achievements.
- And a big set of balance improvements.
To celebrate this occasion, Killing Floor is currently on sale for 66% off through Valve’s digital distribution service Steam until Tuesday December 16.