GeForce 331.65 WHQL Drivers Released, With GeForce Experience 1.7 & ShadowPlay Beta
The new GeForce 331.65 WHQL driver is now available to download. An essential update for all GeForce GTX users, 331.65 WHQL is the Game Ready driver for Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts, and includes the Batman: Arkham Origins optimizations introduced alongside 331.58 WHQL last week. With 331.65 WHQL, you’ll receive a great gaming experience from day one with the latest driver tweaks and performance optimizations, including up to 12% extra performance in Battlefield 4.
Other titles benefit, too: Sniper Elite V2 performance increases by up to 19%, DiRT Showdown performance by up to 13%, Metro: Last Light performance by up to 9%, Sleeping Dogs performance by up to 9%, Max Payne 3 performance by up to 9%, and F1 2012 performance by up to 6%.
GeForce 331.65 WHQL also sees the introduction of GeForce Experience 1.7, which includes the long-awaited ShadowPlay Beta, an innovative gameplay recording tool that can constantly record the action with a minimal performance impact thanks to the H.264 encoder built into GeForce GTX 600 and 700 Series GPUs. For full details about ShadowPlay, and other new features of GeForce Experience 1.7, please check out our GeForce Experience 1.7 launch story.
If you didn’t catch word of our recent driver releases, we’ve made a major update to our NVIDIA Control Panel (NVCPL) Ambient Occlusion (AO) override feature. This easy-to-use tool enables you to apply fidelity-enhancing, realistic shading and shadowing to games that do not natively support the feature. With the recent upgrade, the quality of NVCPL AO has been drastically improved with the introduction of HBAO+.
Debuted in Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist, HBAO+ is a new, NVIDIA-developed Ambient Occlusion technique that utilizes the latest technologies to significantly increase the precision, fidelity, and rendering speed of high-quality AO. HBAO+ is currently making waves in Batman: Arkham Origins, and will be seen next month in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. For further details on HBAO+, please visit our HBAO+ technology page, and for more info on Ambient Occlusion itself, please head here.
Batman’s utility belt and gadgets appear uniformly lit without HBAO+ - as you move back and forth across the comparison, you’ll note almost every inch of Batman is enriched by the higher-quality ambient occlusion shading.
This series of images demonstrates the transition between normal ambient occlusion, HBAO+ ambient occlusion, and the greyscale output that shows only AO, helping emphasize how important AO is to shading and shadowing.
To implement HBAO+ in a DX9 or DX11 game, simply replicate the following settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Please note that not all games support forced AO; whenever possible we release profile updates that explicitly enable or disable the option in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Enthusiasts can further change AO settings, and experiment with the implementation of user-made profiles through the use of NVIDIA Inspector.
Rounding out 331.65 WHQL is a whole host of profile updates, most of which were introduced by 331.58 WHQL, adding new SLI profiles, updating existing SLI profiles, adding new Ambient Occlusion profiles, and updating other profile elements for optimum game experiences:
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag – Updated Profile
- Batman: Arkham Origins – Updated SLI Profile
- Battlefield 3 – Updated Surround Profile
- Battlefield 4 – Updated Surround Profile, Updated SLI Profile
- Call of Duty Ghosts - Added 3D Vision Profile (Rated "Fair")
- Crisis 2015 – Added SLI Profile
- Crysis 3 – Added HBAO+ Profile
- Dirty Bomb (a.k.a. Extraction) – Added DX9 SLI Profile
- Dragon Sword – Updated DX9 Profile
- Dying Light – Added DX11 SLI Profile
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 – Updated SLI Profile
- F1 2013 – Updated SLI Profile
- FIFA 14 – Added SLI Profile, Added HBAO+ Profile, Added 3D Vision Profile (Rated "Good")
- GRID 2 – Updated DX11 Profile
- Natural Selection 2 – Added DX11 SLI Profile
- Outlast – Added DX9 SLI Profile
- Added DX9 SLI Profile, Added 3D Vision Profile (Rated “Excellent”)
- Space Hulk – Updated Profile
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist – Updated SLI Profile
- State of Decay – Added DX9 SLI Profile
- The Wolf Among Us – Added 3D Vision Profile (Rated "Good")
- Urban Trial Freestyle - Added 3D Vision Profile (Rated "Good")
- War of the Vikings – Added DX11 SLI Profile
- Watch Dogs – Added DX11 SLI Profile
If you experience any issues with the 331.65 WHQL driver please post a full and detailed report on the GeForce.com Driver Feedback Forum, where our Customer Care team can better assist you.