StarCraft II Updated to 1.2.0
By Jimmy Thang
Blizzard has released patch 1.2.0 for StarCraft II, it's immensely popular real-time strategy game. The patch is a substantial one and has made balance challenges to the races, improved the editor, added the new Master League and fixed bugs. The big update also offers an "Extreme" graphics option, which allows for effects like ambient occlusion.
General patch notes are posted below:
- Battle.net Chat Channels have been added! Players can now join others in both public and private channels.
- Added in-game chat bar command to whisper to other players. Using the "/w" command will open up a list of available friends, party members, chat channels, and other players within your current game.
- Added Battle.net option to auto-join previous private channels.
- Added Battle.net option to prevent chat channel text from appearing in in-game chat display.
- A new Master League has been added! This league now represents the highest tier of players.
- Customizable Hotkey Support has been added.
- Stalemate Detection has been added. This will end the game in a tie for all remaining players if no players have income, production, or destroyed structures for three consecutive minutes. A countdown timer will now appear when the game detects this scenario.
- An Extreme graphics option is now available. Players can now configure screen space ambient occlusion.
For complete patch notes, visit battle.net.